Essay One: Summary
Essay Format: at the top of the page, please place the following:
“Title of Your Summary” (You should make up a title for your essay.)
Essay Length: Your paper should have about 4 paragraphs, or 2 double-spaced pages.
Essay Content: Select 1 longer article (about
6 pages in length) which you will use for your research paper.
Select 1 longer article (about 6 pages in length) which you will use for your research paper.
1) Is the title of the article you are reviewing placed in quotations? Are the title and author mentioned in the first or second sentence of your summary?
2) Indicated the context of the reading? Mentioned the occasion for the writing of this work?
3) Restated main point of the article
4) Restated important sub-points of the article
5) Gave useful examples from the article. Summarized key findings (especially data)
6) Included an appropriate or illustrative quote from the reading
1) Are there at least 4 paragraphs in this essay?
2) Does the topic sentence indicate the content for each of your paragraphs?
3) Have you used short, long and medium length sentences in at least one paragraph, and is that paragraph underlined?
turn in the article together with your summary.
Please turn in the article together with your summary.